This limeade margarita recipe tastes just like the classic tequila cocktail, and with only 2 ingredients, it’s practically foolproof!
2-Ingredient Limeade Margaritas
If you’re looking for an easy yet delicious cocktail recipe, you won’t want to go wrong with this deliciously EASY twist on the classic margarita.
This limeade margarita, also known as a “Poor Man’s Margarita” tastes so much like a classic margarita, but is so much simpler to prepare! No syrups, no sour mixes, no nonsense! And most people would never know if you didn’t tell them!
Margaritas aren’t a terribly difficult drink to begin with, but the limeade margarita is a shortcut recipe that makes margaritas totally foolproof!
This is a 2-ingredient cocktail recipe. All you do is pour, shake, and enjoy!
It’s perfect for mixing poolside (no blender needed!) or for whipping up a quick drink after a busy day.
Limeade Margarita Ingredients
- 2 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces limeade (or more as needed to fill glass)
- Salt for Rim
- Lime wedge
Helpful Bartending Tools
For your convenience, we’ve included shop-able ad links to products we love and use; disclosure policy available here.
- Cocktail Jigger (for measuring liquor amounts)
- Boston Cocktail Shaker Set (contains shakers, jigger, strainer)
- Bar Spoon (traditional tool for stirring cocktails)
This recipe is intended for readers 21+; please enjoy responsibly!
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add tequila and limeade to the shaker and shake for about 5 seconds to chill.
- Pour into a glass with a salted rim and garnish with a lime wedge.
- This is a recipe that can be as easy as you want it to be! If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the salted rim and the garnish for a quick and tasty cocktail.
- Add a splash of lemon-lime soda for an effervescent effect, without upping the difficulty of the drink.
- Skip the shaking and make this drink even faster and without dirtying extra utensils. Fill a glass with ice and pour in the tequila and juice. Give a quick stir and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Type of Tequila Should I Use?
The best tequila to use is your favorite kind! When mixing margaritas, I generally choose a mid-range tequila…nothing too expensive is needed since you’re mixing it with juice. However, I try to avoid really cheap tequila because you do want something that tastes good.
Espolon is what is pictured here and one of my favorites. Cuervo silver is another affordable option. But again, use what YOU like!
Can You Make This a Frozen Drink?
Absolutely! This is a very easy drink to switch up to make a pitcher of frozen margaritas.
Combine 1 cup of tequila, 1 cup of limeade and 1 cup ice in a blender. Add more ice as needed, blending until you have a slushy-like consistency.
More Tequila Cocktails to Try:
Limeade Margarita Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please rate it!
Limeade Margarita Recipe
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 4 ounces Limeade or more as needed to fill the glass
Optional Garnish Ideas
- Fresh Lime Slices
- Margarita Salt
- Add tequila and limeade to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for about 5 seconds, just enough to chill.
- Pour contents of the shaker into a glass with a salted rim.
Pin Our Limeade Margaritas on Pinterest:
You Might Also Like These Tequila Cocktails: