These Rum and Cherry Coke Jello Shots are perfect for parties or tailgates for any occasion.
Rum & Cherry Coke Jello Shots
Back in my bartending days, rum and coke was always a popular order. It’s easy to make and easy to drink, as it is very sweet!
What’s better than a regular coke? Cherry coke!! At least in my humble opinion…
Unfortunately, we didn’t have cherry coke on tap at most bars where I worked, but it is such a tasty cocktail! (See what I did there?)
This jello shot recipe is inspired by the soda shop classic cherry coke, mixed with real rum. This is a boozy sweet treat!
These homemade jello shots are so easy to make! Substituting rum for water, you can easily make these tasty jello shots in a few minutes. The mixture of rum and cherry coke combine for a sweet yet strong jello shot recipe.
Related: For another variation on the classic rum and coke, try the Cuba Libre cocktail!
- 6 ounces Cherry Gelatin (2 typical packages)
- 2 cups Cherry Coca-Cola, divided
- 1 cup Light Rum
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
Helpful Bartending Tools
For your convenience, we’ve included shop-able ad links to products we love and use; disclosure policy available here.
- 2oz plastic condiment cups, with lids
- Medium Saucepan (for making the jello)
- Large Muffin Pan (for holding the jello shot cups to move them in and out of the fridge)
Recipe intended for readers 21+
- In a medium saucepan, boil one cup of cherry cola.
- Add cherry jello powder to the boiling cola and whisk until dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the rest of the cola and the rum.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then pour into your prepared plastic cups.
- Move the jello shots to the fridge to set (about 3 hours).
- These cherry cola jello shots look so pretty with a cherry on top! If adding a maraschino cherry garnish, you’ll want to do this before the jello has completely set, around the 1-hour mark. That way you can gently press the cherry into the top of the jello and it won’t sink, but it will settle a bit and become secure in the jello.
- Another topping you can use to make these cherry coke jello shots look extra special is whipped cream. It would look just like a soda shop treat!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make Jello Shots Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! One reason that jello shots are so popular for parties is that they are easy to make and can be prepared days in advance. Keep them in the fridge (covered with a lid or with plastic wrap) for up to a week.
Can You Use Regular Coke?
If you don’t have cherry cola on hand at home, you can use regular cola instead! The cherry gelatin gives this recipe plenty of fruity flavor. The same goes for brands: feel free to use Coke, Pepsi, etc. Any brand will do that you like!
More Jello Shot Recipes To Try
Rum & Cherry Coke Jello Shots Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please rate it!
Rum and Cherry Coke Jello Shots
- 2oz plastic condiment cups
- Baking Sheet or Muffin Pan
- 6 ounces Cherry Gelatin 2 typical packages
- 2 cups Cherry Cola divided
- 1 cup Rum
- Maraschino cherries optional garnish
- Bring one cup of cherry cola to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the cherry jello powder until dissolved.
- Add the remaining cola and rum to the pan and stir.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then pour into the plastic cups.
- Chill in fridge to set, for about 3 hours.
Pin Our Cherry Rum & Coke Jello Shots Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: