The Fuzzy Navel is a sweet combination of peach schnapps and orange juice that makes a light and refreshing drink.
If you like a Screwdriver, but want something a little milder, the Fuzzy Navel is just the thing!
The Fuzzy Navel is a light and fun twist on the Screwdriver that is more suitable for those who like our drinks sweet and fruity, and not so strong. (But if you DO like a stronger drink, feel free to make it a “Hairy Navel” instead…more on that later in the post!)
This is a simple, 2-ingredient cocktail that combines peach schnapps and orange juice. It’s perfect for brunch or sipping by the pool.
It’s also a fun “retro” cocktail that would be perfect for an 80s themed party, as this was a popular drink during that decade.
Why is it called a Fuzzy Navel?
Like many cocktails, the Fuzzy Navel was created to promote the sales of a specific liquor. In this case it was peach schnapps.
“Fuzzy” is in reference to the outside of a peach, while navel is a nod to navel oranges, often used for juicing. Put them together and you’ve got a Fuzzy Navel!
- 2 Ounces Peach Schnapps
- 4 Ounces Orange Juice
- Pineapple Wedge
- Maraschino Cherries
- Orange slice
Helpful Bartending Tools
For your convenience, we’ve included shop-able ad links to products we love and use; disclosure policy available here.
- Cocktail Jigger (for measuring liquor amounts)
- Boston Cocktail Shaker Set (contains shakers, jigger, strainer)
- Bar Spoon (traditional tool for stirring cocktails)
- Place a scoop of ice in your cocktail shaker. Remember enough to fill the glass you are working with.
- Add the 2 oz of schnapps then add the 4 oz of orange juice.
- Shake well for about 5 seconds.
- Fill your cup completely with ice and strain the mixture over the ice or you may use the ice in the cocktail shaker and pour the contents in the glass. Personally I like the latter but when using any citrus juice it tends to froth a bit when shaken.
- Garnish with any combination of fruit listed above and enjoy!
How to Make a Hairy Navel:
A Hairy Navel cocktail is essentially a stronger version of the Fuzzy Navel. To make a hairy navel, combine 1 ounce of vodka with 1 ounce of peach schnapps. Then shake with orange juice and ice and described in the recipe directions above.
- When choosing a juice, go for one that is pulp-free. The pulp can get stuck in a cocktail straw!
- Garnish with your choice of fruit: peach slice, pineapple wedge, orange wheel, or maraschino cherries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Peach Schnapps Should I Use?
This cocktail was created as a marketing campaign for DeKyuper Peachtree Schnapps, which is also what we used and is pictured here. It is a smooth, good quality schanpps. However, you’re welcome to use what you have on hand or any brand you prefer.
Can You Make This a Frozen Cocktail?
Absolutely! Fuzzy Navels are often made as a frozen drink using a blender. If doing so, I recommend freezing the juice and using the frozen juice cubes instead of ice cubes. This way the drink doesn’t get watered down during blending.
Grab a Printable Copy of Our Fuzzy Navel Recipe:
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please rate it!
Fuzzy Navel Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz Peach Schnapps
- 4 oz Orange Juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add peach schnapps and orange juice to the shaker and shake for 5 seconds.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into an empty highball glass.
Pin our Fuzzy Navel Recipe on Pinterest:
You Might Also Like: